Music – Education Scholarship available!!
environment with numerous performing opportunities. The individually
personalized curriculum includes year-round private instruction in piano,
guitar, voice and all orchestral instruments in addition to a diverse selection
of music classes, seminars and ensembles.• Classes: Ear
Training, Theory and Musicianship, Performance Repertoire and Audition
• Ensembles: Chamber Music, Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, Rock Shop, Junior
Chorus and Glee Club
• Music Technology Lab, where students learn to compose, edit, mix and
record their own music
• Participation in performance repertoire classes led by distinguished
artists in all instruments on a monthly basis
• Preparation for specialized high school and conservatory entrance
auditions (applications, recordings, resumes, etc.
• Field trips to cultural institutions and off-site performance
scholars have the unique opportunity to participate in professional mentorship
programs and can attend and perform in annual Master Classes—a coveted opportunity to build
skills and gain insight with such esteemed artists as Garrick Ohlsson, Jaime
Laredo, Eliot Fisk, Leon Fleisher, Pamela Frank, Richard Goode, Sharon Isbin,
David Krakauer, Orli Shaham, Arnold Steinhardt and Benjamin Verdery
are held in June for the following academic year.
For information on current audition dates and requirements,
visit 92Y.org/RKScholars or call 212.415.5580.